Tuesday 22 December 2009

Running With The Fash Pack....London Fashion Week SS 2010

Naomi, working the laced-boots, little layered skirt and athletic top look.

p.s. Hope you all had an absolutely wonderful Christmas day wherever you are in the world. We are in the Dordogne region of France staying with friends in an incredibly beautiful converted barn. It is wonderful and relaxing which is just as well as we spent 22 arduous hours getting here from London by train, ferry and car-lets just say that Eurostar messed us around BIG TIME and I (nor my friend who is pregnant with twins) haven't quite forgiven them yet :) We had a fantastic clear day yesterday (boys were wearing t-shirts!) but there is an enormous fire to keep us warm as soon as it gets a bit chilly (we do seem to be getting through an uncanny amount of wood- I suspect none of us really know how to make a proper fire other than throwing lots of wood and kindling at it). We had slow-roasted goose and chicken for Christmas luncheon which was rather an experience- nothing like trying to remove the head of one's goose (it was dead but the French way is to leave same in tact for the lucky chef to, um, "deal with") on Christmas morning! Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and Jamie would be proud :)) Bûche de Noël and cheeses for pudding, and lots of lovely red wine and champagne while we were preparing it all.

Well, it is almost 3:30pm now so time for my afternoon nap;-)

Joyeux Noel et Bonne année!

5 comments:

  1. Joyeux Noel pour toi aussi!

    love your blog!

    Bisous from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas .. although I am reading this a few days late :) Yet again another great photo outfit and lovely girl .. youth just is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isnt that just the best burger bar in the world??? The one behind the curtain lol
    When my husband and I were in NYC we went twice and we were only there three days LOL. I have put a link to your blog in my latest post
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, first of all I want to inform You that You have a new fan! Indeed, I love your blog!

    Happy New Year and have a fantastic time spending the last hours of 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara- thank you so much!
    Wildernesschic- OMG, I loved the burger joint! It had such a cool, chilled atmosphere and the burgers were sensational! Although I do wonder whether it is possible to get a bad burger in the States- each one we had was fantastic! And thanks so much for the link, Wildernesschic. I hope you and your family have a happy, healthy year in 2010.
    Anete- hey Anete, so cool to have another blog reader....and just in time for 2010! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete